I heard in Mass one time that, “faith” is the “confident expectation that what you hope for will happen.” As soon as I heard the priest utter those words, a song resonated in my heart. I knew God has His children’s best interests in mind. He is like a patient investor. Watching each of us, His “investments”, closely… and intervening as soon as He sees a profitable market opportunity. 🤓 To illustrate this point, take a look at Jeremiah 29.
11For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.” Jeremiah 29:11-12
God wants us to call on Him. He knows our hearts’ desires already, and He also knows at what point to pour out each of His blessings. He wants to give us a “future”… but not just any future: one that’s prosperous and good! That’s very generous of Him.
Reflecting upon this, I decided to call God today 📲 and share with Him some of the things that might not hurt if they are in the “future,” He provides to me and my other 1/2 someday. God said He will listen, and I trust that if He thinks it’s good, it will happen! So here it goes: a list of things I hope to do someday with my love, provided it’s God’s will.
*Disclaimer: If you are tall, dark, handsome, and reading this… you may want to take notes. In the words of Bruno Mars: it’s “What I like.” 😉
1. Working out together and taking a walk down the back roads of our hometowns on a warm summer day. Getting stronger and feeling healthier together. Breathing in the fresh air and appreciating the beauty of God’s creation around us. 🌳🌥
2. Planting a beautiful garden. Seeing the fruits of hard labor produce tasty treats that can be taken on a picnic. 🌻🍅
3. Having a cookout. Building a fire and toasting marshmallows. Telling scary ghost stories by the campfire. Then cuddling under the stars. ✨❤️
4. Making breakfast together! Enjoying waffles, omelets, bacon, and strawberries + whipped cream. 🍳🍓
5. Going to a county fair. Eating Denny and Pearl’s, of course! Looking at the animals… and maybe like buying a little bunny or chick or something before going home. Idk. 🙃🐣
6. Spending a day on the beach. Not only getting kissed by the sun, but babe as well. ☺️💕
7. Feeling close to each other’s families. Adopting them as our own. Being there for each other and partaking in fun get-togethers. 📸😬
8. Loving each other in ways pleasing to God. Desiring the best for each other and encouraging each other to reach our highest professional and spiritual potential. 🎓💒